Here are the 10 reasons why helping kids become active through Martial Arts again is worth the disruption to our adult lives:
- Greater rates of activity in children have been associated with higher test scores in reading and math.
- Physical (body) and cognitive (brain) development go hand-in-hand.
- Play-based activity that requires a high degree of sensory input (sight, sound, touch, etc.) helps develop a broad array of skills that make physical activity more enjoyable later in life.
- Frequent physical activity has been associated with improved behavior in the classroom and beyond.
- It appears that active children are more likely to become active adults.
- Aerobic activity through Martial Arts has been shown to increase the size of essential brain structures and a number of neural connections.
- Frequent movements of Martial Arts requiring a high degree of balance and coordination have been associated with an improved emotional response.
- Frequent exercise and movement decrease symptoms of depression and anxiety in children.
- Regular practice of Martial Arts with children promotes self-efficacy with regard to health, self-image, and self-confidence.
- Children who are active 60 minutes per day demonstrate lower rates of obesity.
To get your child moving with Diamond Muay Thai Toronto – contact us Today!