Muay Thai classes at Toronto’s Diamond Muay Thai + Boxing
Learn traditional Muay Thai from experienced coaches. Gain fitness, confidence & community.
Diamond Muay Thai offers traditional Muay Thai classes in Toronto six days a week. Classes run for about 1 hour and 15 minutes, and are suitable for beginners to advanced Muay Thai practitioners. We welcome everyone on the mats who has a willingness to learn the discipline of Muay Thai for fitness, sport, and community. If you are a beginner, read our First Muay Thai Class Guide to prepare for your first class.
What is Muay Thai?
Muay Thai, or Thai boxing, is a combat sport and the national sport of Thailand. Also known as “the art of eight limbs,” Muay Thai combines stand-up striking (fists, elbows, knees, and shins) and clinching. Today, the sport has grown in popularity globally due to its influence in mixed martial arts.
A typical Muay Thai class at Diamond Muay Thai includes:
- A full-body warm up (10-15 min.): Gradually increase your heart rate and prepare your muscles and joints with jump rope, shadow boxing, dynamic stretching, and light bodyweight exercises.
- Shadow boxing & footwork drills: practice and engrain the skills needed to perform Muay Thai techniques.
- Pad work and/or bag work: (45-50 min.): work with a partner or individually on a bag to drill practical Muay Thai combinations. High-intensity pad work and bad work will get your heart rate up and bring your fitness to another level (four to five rounds per partner with conditioning between rounds).
- Strength & conditioning (10 min.): Muay Thai classes finish with a series of exercises to strengthen the core and other muscle groups required to gain power and explosiveness.
- Cool down & stretching: after class, feel free to stay and stretch for as long as you need.
Advanced Muay Thai Drills & Competition Team Classes
We encourage regular, more experienced members to join our advanced Muay Thai drills class held on Thursday evenings, where you will drill high-level Muay Thai combinations and techniques with an assigned partner (shin guards, 10oz+ gloves, and hand wraps required). This class is an introduction to sparring and clinching, and mandatory for those interested in joining our competition team.
Advanced members who attend classes and drill classes regularly, master the basic techniques, and show keen interest in learning and competing, will be invited to join our advanced competition team classes (fighter training and sparring).
Book your first Muay Thai class at Diamond Muay Thai, today!
The benefits of Muay Thai include:
What to bring to Muay Thai classes:
GET ACCESS TO OUR CLASS TIMES:
Ready To Book Your First Class?
We look forward to seeing you on the mats.